Last updated: October, 2023
This Privacy Statement is voluntarily provided by the Law Society of Prince Edward Island to inform users about features of the Law Society's website. This Privacy Statement does not apply in circumstances where The Legal Profession Act or Rules of the Law Society may apply. If you have questions or concerns about the Law Society's obligations with respect to your use of this website, you should consult The Legal Profession Act or the Rules of the Law Society.
WEB ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
This information is processed by Google Analytics to generate statistics for the Law Society about patterns of user visits to the website. This information may be used to measure the use and performance of the website and to improve the experience of visitors to the website. This information will not be used to identify individual users.
Last updated: October, 2023
This website is provided by the Law Society of Prince Edward Island conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set out below. By using this website and its services, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
Copyright © Law Society of Prince Edward Island. All rights reserved. The Law Society either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML text, graphics, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you through its website and databases, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property of such content to use the content in this service.
The Law Society provides the content on this website for personal, professional, non-commercial or educational use only. Users of this site must obtain prior written permission from the Law Society for any other use of this information or material.
The Law Society grants to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on this website, for non-commercial, personal, judicial and quasi-judicial proceedings, or education purposes only, provided that you do not modify any such content and you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this limited license.
Notwithstanding the above limitations, members of the Law Society may make appropriate use of this material in their professional practice.
No other use is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not:
- make any commercial use of such content;
- include such content in or with any product that you create or distribute;
- create your own database from the data within; or
- copy such content onto any other World Wide Web page.
NO LEGAL ADVICE
The material contained on, or provided through, this website is for information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should speak to a lawyer.
No endorsement of any third party products or services is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to, included on or linked to or from this website.
If you wish to link to this website, you may do so, provided you agree to the following link conditions:
- your website may not imply that the Law Society is endorsing you or your products or services
- your website may not imply an affiliation between you or an entity for whom you may be acting and the Law Society without the prior written consent of the Law Society
- your website may not misrepresent your relationship with the Law Society or present false or misleading impressions about the Law Society or its services;
- your website may not contain content that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive.
- The Law Society shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website
- The Law Society may, at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause. If the Law Society exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to this website.
By establishing a link to this website, you will be deemed to have agreed to the link conditions.
Any use or reliance on this website or its contents is at your own risk. The Law Society does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on, or provided through, the website or in the databases. Such information is provided without warranty or condition of any kind.