- Mental Health Awareness Week October 1st to 7thOctober 1st to 7th is Mental Health Awareness Week #MHAW.
To bring attention to Homewood Health’s expertise in the area of mental health, we are sharing mental health related information on our corporate websites during the week. Keep an eye out for these upcoming articles:
Schedule for Mental Health Awareness Week Campaign:
Read More >
- Tuesday, October 3rd – Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter article release – Youth, Teens and Mental Health
- Wednesday, October 4th – Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter article release – Understanding Depression
- Thursday, October 5th – Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter article release – The Impact of Sleep on Your Health
- Friday, October 6th - Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter article release – Reducing Mental Health Stigma
- PEI Legal Community Undertakes Cultural Competency Training February 3, 2016The P.E.I Law Society, in collaboration with the indigenous Mi'kmaq community, is among the first in the country to respond to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada's Call to Action. The TRC was established to inform all Canadians about the legacy of Indian Residential Schools. Among the 94 Calls to Action outlined in its Report the TRC asked law societies to provide cultural competency training to their members.
In response, the Law Society of P.E.I. established the Call To Action committee and partnered with the P.E.I. branch of the Canadian Bar Association to begin the process of creating cultural awareness in the Island legal community. The first in a series of sessions planned will take place on February 3rd. The day-long event will specifically examine the history and legacy of Residential Schools in Canada. The Call to Action Committee plans to continue to work toward the goal of developing cultural competency. Future sessions will focus on providing education in other specific areas identified in the TRC Report, including the United Nations Declaration on The Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Treaties and Aboriginal Rights, Indigenous Law and Aboriginal - Crown Relations. Each session will be developed following engagement with, and direction from the leadership of the indigenous Mi'kmaq. Read More >
Regulating the practice of law on Prince Edward Island since 1876.