Foreign Legal Consultants

Lawyers who are qualified to practise law in other countries may apply to Council to become a Foreign Legal Consultant in PEI. Once Council approves their application, the Consultant is then permitted to give advice and services to the public here about the law of their home country. A Foreign Legal Consultant is not qualified to give advice and services on PEI or Canadian law.

In addition to the Application to Practise as a Foreign Legal Consultant (Link), the following must accompany the Application: