- Law Society of PEI/CBA PEI Branch Professional Development Day & Annual MeetingsDate: Friday, June 23, 2017 - Saturday, June 24, 2017Time: See event program for details, attached.Location: Stanley Bridge Country Resort, Stanley Bridge, PEIAGMs & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
2017’s Professional Development Day will focus on Estates with guest speaker Kimberly A. Whaley. Kimberly is the founder and principal of the Toronto Boutique Trusts and Estates Litigation Firm, WEL Partners. Kimberly is also a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. Kimberly’s complete bio can be found here.
Professional Development sessions will include Capacity and Undue Influence, Attacking and Defending Gifts and a Panel on Estates Practice Do’s and Don’ts, Solicitor Negligence and a view from the bench with the Honourable Justice Jacqueline R. Matheson.
Friday June 23rd, 2017
Saturday June 24th, 2017
- Morning Professional Development Sessions
- Noon Canadian Bar Association, PEI Branch Annual General Meeting & Luncheon
- Afternoon Golf or Social time
- Evening Presidents’ Reception & Dinner & Late Night Party
- Morning Law Society of PEI Annual General Meeting
Where: Stanley Bridge Country Resort, Reservations can be booked by calling 1-800-361-2882.
Registration: A complete information package is attached. Registration can be completed on line or by completeing the registration form and submitting it, along with payment to the Law Society by June 16, 2017