- Council MeetingDate: Monday, June 12, 2017Time: 4:00PMLocation: Law Society Board Room
- Law Society of PEI/CBA PEI Branch Professional Development Day & Annual MeetingsDate: Friday, June 23, 2017 - Saturday, June 24, 2017Time: TBALocation: Stanley Bridge Country Resort, Stanley Bridge, PEIAGMs & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
2017’s Professional Development Day will focus on Estates with guest speaker Kimberly A. Whaley. Kimberly is the founder and principal of the Toronto Boutique Trusts and Estates Litigation Firm, WEL Partners. Kimberly is also a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. Kimberly’s complete bio can be found here.
Professional Development sessions will include Capacity and Undue Influence, Attacking and Defending Gifts and a Panel on Estates Practice Do’s and Don’ts, Solicitor Negligence and a view from the bench with Chief Justice Matheson.
Friday June 23rd, 2017
Saturday June 24th, 2017
- Morning Professional Development Sessions
- Noon Canadian Bar Association, PEI Branch Annual General Meeting & Luncheon
- Evening Presidents’ Reception & Dinner & Late Night Party
- Morning Law Society of PEI Annual General Meeting
Where: Stanley Bridge Country Resort
Accommodations reserved under our group must be booked by MAY 20, 2017
Reservations can be booked by calling 1-800-361-2882.
Group booking rates are confirmed starting at $98.10 per night plus tax.
Accommodation types include: Double Room, 3 Bedroom Cottages, 1 Bedroom Cottages, Efficiency Cottages, King Suites, Family Suites, Single Room, Lodge Bachelor Unit, One Bedroom Lodge and Two Bedroom Lodge.
Inn & Lodge Cancellation: 72 Hours’ notice.
Cottage Cancellation: 30 days prior to arrival.
Registration: A complete registration package will be circulated to the membership in the spring 2017.