- Council MeetingDate: Monday, September 25, 2017Time: 4:00 pmLocation: Board Room
- Investigative Interviewing CLEDate: Thursday, September 28, 2017Time: 8:30AM - 12:45PMLocation: Red Shores Racetrack and Casino, Grandstand, CharlottetownThe session will be delivered by Gareth Jones, a leading expert in investigative techniques, a subject he teaches all over the world. He is the co-creator of an investigative training program that he has delivered to fact-finding agencies across the world, including UN bodies, as well as to organizations that conduct regulatory, security, human resources, workplace, human rights, anti-corruption and internal affairs investigations and has authored several texts on the subject.
The content is relevant for both experienced and newer practitioners, covering best practices and proven techniques to help you gather information that may be relevant to your case. Gareth will discuss how to prepare for an interview, how to build a rapport and how to ensure the interview is objective and thorough, as well as how to keep control of the process. The goal is to ensure that the interviewer obtains all the information the interviewee has that may be relevant to whatever is being looked at.
Most recently, he was retained by the Commission of Inquiry into the Death of Donald Dunphy in Newfoundland to provide an expert opinion into the quality of the RCMP investigation of a police shooting. He will discuss some of the interviewing issues that arose during that investigation and how counsel for various parties dealt with them at the Inquiry. Join him for a lively and interactive presentation on the key principles of Investigative Interviewing.
This CLE provides 3.5 hours of mandatory CPD credits.
Event Chair: Constance Robinson
Please Note: This event is open to members of other professional organizations.PDF Details
- Bar Admission CourseDate: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - Friday, November 3, 2017Time: Please see attached schedule for detailsLocation: Holland College, Charlottetown - CAST RoomRegistration Form PDF Details
- Council MeetingDate: Monday, October 23, 2017Time: 4:00 pmLocation: Board Room
- Council MeetingDate: Monday, November 20, 2017Time: 4:00 p.m.Location: Board Room
- Christmas ReceptionDate: Wednesday, December 13, 2017Time: 4:00PM - 6:00PMLocation: The Queue, 70 Grafton St., Charlottetown
- Council MeetingDate: Monday, December 18, 2017Time: 4:00 pmLocation: Board Room
- 2018 Mid-Winter MeetingDate: Friday, February 2, 2018Location: Rodd Charlottetown HotelAdditional information will be circulated at a later date.
- 2018 Professional Development Day & Annual MeetingDate: Friday, June 22, 2018 - Saturday, June 23, 2018Location: Rodd Crowbush Resort, Lakeside PEIAdditional information will be circulated at a later date.