Employment Opportunities relating to the legal profession are welcomed for posting on our site. To post a career opportunity please submit your advertisement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employer: PEI Nurses' Union (PEINU)Location: Charlottetown, PEJob Title: Executive DirectorClosing Date: Friday, June 29, 2018The Prince Edward Island Nurses' Union provides a strong, credible and respected voice for mroe than 1200 Registered Nurses and Nurse Prctitioners working across the provine. The Executive Director provides leadership, strategic advice and support to the President and Board of PEINU is all aspectes of labour relations, collective bargaining, communications, policy and administration.View Job Posting
- Employer: Terristorial Court of the Northwest TerritoriesLocation: Northwest TerritorisJob Title: Judicial VacancyClosing Date: Friday, June 29, 2018The Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee invites applications for a judicial position in the Northwest Territories. This appointment, while primarily a criminal law position, will also involve civil claims, judicial dispute resolution, family law, Child protection, youth justice court, Justice of the Peace training as well as travelling (mostly by plane) throughout the Northwest Territories.
To obtain the Judicial Candidate Information Form, please contact Ms. Tracy Downes at (867)873-7604 or send an e-mail to Tracy_Downes@nwtcourts.ca
See attached for more information.View Job Posting
- Employer: Manitoba Justice, Government of ManitobaLocation: Thompson, ManitobaJob Title: Supervising Senior Crown Attorney, LFS Supervising Legal CounselClosing Date: Friday, June 22, 2018Reporting to the Director, Regional Prosecutions, the Supervising Senior Crown is responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Thompson Regional Office and assigned circuits. The successful applicant will be a member of the Regional Prosecutions Management Committee and consult with the other Regional SSCs as necessary to effect consistent application of procedures and protocols. The day-to-day supervision of legal staff will include case assignments, scheduling, performance assessments, career planning, professional development, and ensuring a respectful workplace environment.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that Crown Case Management principles are followed to ensure effective and efficient handling of all matters from bail court to appeal within the Unit. S/he is also responsible for developing protocols and procedures as necessary to address any issues that may arise in relation to Case Management. The SSC will be required to liaise with other Departmental personnel as necessary in reference to regional issues as well as policing agencies. There is the potential for other committee work, involvement in special issues/projects as assigned by the Director or SMP and responsibility for specific legal issues. A caseload will be assigned that may include docket assignments and trial cases, while reflecting the need to balance supervisory and casework duties.
View Job Posting
- Employer: TBD - Seeking a clerk positionLocation: Prince Edward IslandJob Title: Seeking a postion to Article in PEIClosing Date: Friday, June 22, 2018Internationally trained lawyer is seeking a clerk position to complete articles on PEI. Please see attached for more information.View Job Posting
- Employer: TBDLocation: Prince Edward IslandJob Title: Seeking a position to Article in PEIClosing Date: Friday, June 22, 2018Internationally trained lawyer is seeking a clerk position to complete articles on PEI. Please see attached for more information.View Job Posting
- Employer: Wagners Law FirmLocation: Halifax, NSJob Title: Associate Lawyer PositionClosing Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Wagners Law Firm is currently seeking a lawyer with 1 to 5 years of call to join our practice.
Wagners, located in downtown Halifax, is a well established boutique law firm practicing exclusively in Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Class Action law. We are looking for an associate lawyer to join our team and offer a competitive benefits and salary package. Experience in litigation, insurance law or the insurance industry is an asset. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong work ethic who appreciates a work environment with an open door policy but who can also work well independently.
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and complete resumé in confidence no later than July 18, 2018 to:
Suite PH 301
1869 Upper Water Street
Halifax, NS B3J 1S
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com